I love crafts that help to build fine motor skills. This is an awesome activity that really builds skills such as following directions, strengthening hand muscles, and works on visual-perception.
Red, pink and white Perler beads
Square plastic Perler bead pegboard
Perler bead ironing paper
Perler bead tweezers
White card stock
Pink and red markers
Hot glue/hot glue gun
Iron ****parental supervision is required for use of the hot glue/glue gun and for iron use, even on low heat!
1. Use your tweezers to pick out all the red, pink and white Perler beads.
2. Use your tweezers to place your beads onto the outside three rows in a pattern of your choice.
3. Carefully place a piece of ironing paper onto the beads once the three rows are done.
4. Press your iron onto the paper over the beads and iron (no water or steam) on high for several seconds or until you see the beads fuse together.
5. Remove the iron and carefully peel the paper back and your beads will stick to the paper.
8. Write on your paper for your Valentine.
Looking for other Valentine’s Day activities? Here’s my earlier post on making Valentine cards.
You can use this idea for every holiday and change colors. Let me know if you completed this activity. Please share your pics with us! You might see them on our Facebook page!