You’ve been asking…..our most popular in-person course is now available online!
On-demand and waiting for you to view! Two hour-course packed with critical information to help build your therapy knowledge and tips to use immediately. Optimal function of our bodies occurs when our sensory and motor systems are strong and able to adapt to the demands of the environment. Today’s children often struggle with fidgeting, decreased attention, and immature motor patterns which manifest themselves through frustration and behavior issues. When our body’s systems are not integrated to form a strong foundation, difficulties in many areas occur. This session provides education about using movement to improve overall function.
- How do we assess movement for occupation-based activities?
- What does posture have to do with OT?
- I don’t know how to look at movement in my pediatric therapy practice – help!
Instruction, PDF course handouts, and hands-on movement activities are provided. Two video case studies within the course.
1) Describe the importance of movement to higher-level brain function and occupational performance in pediatric OT.
2) Identify physical manifestations of immature brain function.
3) Name hands-on movement activities that can be applied to children in order to improve brain maturity.