I love making dough and slime…..and I know you do too! Today I’m giving you a simple recipe for holiday dough.
You can change the colors for any holiday or preference just add different food coloring. Also, feel free to change the oil scents. The ones in my video are our family’s favorites. Suggestions include cinnamon, clove, pine, or vanilla.
Watch my How-To Video Here:
Here’s the recipe list:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use safflower, but you can use any oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 10 drops of cedarwood essential oil (if desired)
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (if desired)
- 10 drops vetiver essential oil (if desired)
- 10 drops ylang-ylang essential oil (if desired)
- Gel food coloring in Christmas colors
- Red and green craft glitter
Steps 1-4: Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
Steps 5-8: Add essential oils to dry ingredients.
Steps 9-11: Add water and oil and mix well.
Steps 12-13: Take dough from bowl and knead on a hard, flat surface. Divide into 2 sections.
Steps 14-15: Add 1-2 drops of green coloring to the first piece of dough and knead. Repeat until you get the color you want.
Steps 16-17: Add green glitter and knead into dough. Repeat to the other pieces with the red color and glitter.
Store play dough in an airtight container or zip lock bag
Your Sensory Tips Are HERE!
Leave your name and email to grab your FREE copy of the Sensory Tips Download today!