Summer is here and it is HOT! Beat the heat with this activity and make yourself a treat. This Flower Dirt Sundae is easy to make and delicious to eat!
Ingredients (Makes 5 Flower Dirt Sundaes)
- Clear 9oz Solo Cups
- 1 Box Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 Row Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- Gummy Worms
- Plastic Ziplock Bag
- Green Plastic Spoons
- Colorful Flowers
- Hot Glue Gun/Hot Glue
1. Carefully take the flowers off the stems, glue one flower to the top of each spoon and let dry.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine your pudding and milk per directions and mix well.
3. Place your pudding in the fridge for 5 minutes.
4. Add a row of chocolate Oreo cookies to a Ziplock bag, zip closed and crush using the bag of a spoon. This part is great for helping kids with their grasp. Encourage them to use both hands to crush the oreos. If you have more than one child doing the activity, you can even let them race each other to crumble the cookies.
5. Scoop your pudding about 1/3 full into each clear cup, add a few spoonfuls of crushed Oreo cookies, a little more pudding and top off with another spoonful of crushed Oreo cookies.
6. Add a couple gummy worms to the top and place the spoon end of your flower spoon into the top.
This ingredient list makes 5 Flower Dirt Sundaes, so you can make a whole Flower Dirt Sundae garden!
If you’d like to expand on the creative part of this activity, feel free to make your own flowers! Just cut out pieces of paper in the shape of petals and let the kids color them. When they are done coloring, glue them to the spoons to make the flowers! The flowers are a fun way to get kids to want to use their spoons. The more creative you let them get, the more they will want to use them in the end!
Take advantage of the pictures included in the directions by letting your child see them and ask them what they think the next step would be to make their sundae match the picture. These are great for a mid-afternoon snack, and they are always popular in a classroom!
Looking for more activities to do inside? Try this Peeps Play Dough Activity!
As always, I love hearing about your experiences with these activities. Please take time to share a picture or leave a comment. I can’t wait to hear from you!
Your Sensory Tips Are HERE!
Leave your name and email to grab your FREE copy of the Sensory Tips Download today!