The end of the year is almost here! We know how hard teachers work to teach our children. Deciding how to show our appreciation can be tough……..should we buy a gift card or present? Well, worry no more! Here are some handmade gifts teachers will LOVE!
Photo Credit: Crayon Jar Teacher Gift by Nest Full of New
Are you a crayon hoarder? When school supply season rolls around I buy cases, upon cases, of Crayola Crayons. Sometimes I use them all, but if I see I have a little extra towards the end of the year, I like to use them in craft projects OR forward them to my favorite teachers as a classroom gift for the upcoming year. Nest Full of New has a great crafty idea for creating a beautiful teacher gift using crayons as a decorative accent. I love the ones she sorted by color because they look really appealing to the eye. If you want to take this gift up a notch, consider giving your favorite teacher a classroom pack along with this beautiful Crayon Jar! The two gifts go together really beautifully and it is the perfect blend of useful and beauty. Learn how to make this Crayon Jar Teacher’s Gift HERE.
Photo Credit: Teacher Pizza & Movie Night Gift by Smashed Peas & Carrots
School will be ending soon and it is almost time for your teacher to RELAX! What’s more relaxing than pizza and a movie? Get started preparing for this pizza and a movie night gift by hopping over to your local pizzeria! Smashed Peas & Carrots grabbed one pizza box, takeout menu, and a gift card for each of her children’s teachers. When she got home, she started wrapping movie candy and popcorn gifts to go inside the box. She used pretty paper bags, but I think colorful paper shred would look just as great if you can’t find bags that will appeal to all of the teachers on your list. Shred will also make it easier for the kids to get involved in packing each box! Grab the full tutorial for this great gift HERE.
Photo Credit: Apple Pinch Pots by Red Ted Art
Sometimes your kids really just want their teacher gift to be 100% from them, and that’s okay! Grab your children a supply of air-dry clay and some paints. Afterward, show them this easy video tutorial from Red Ted Art. Let them pinch out a cute pot for their teacher to store all of his/her loose supplies in OR fill it with wrapped candies. Read the full tutorial HERE.
Need summer tips? Read my post on 20 Tips for Summer Activities (OT Approved).
20 DIY Gifts for Teachers
Still haven’t found the perfect gift for your child’s teacher? That’s okay! I have MORE great DIY teacher gift ideas to share with you! Click on the links below to read the tutorials for my favorite teacher gifts. Please leave a comment letting my friends know you found them at The Pocket OT!
- Berry Basket Teacher Appreciation Gift by Smashed Peas & Carrots
- Saltine Toffee Teacher Gift by Suburban Simplicity
- 15 Minute Lanyard Teacher Gift by 365 Days of Craft & Inspiration
- Plastic Bottle Apples by Red Ted Art
- Candy Hawaiian Lei by Tikkido
- Umbrella with Note Teacher Gift by Mom Always Finds Out
- Herbs in a Rustic Can by Creative Green Living
- Apple Grapevine Wreath by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Marbled Nail Polish Mugs by Strength & Sunshine
- Crayon Vase by Sheri Silver
- Pretzel Candy by Burlap & Blue
- Smartie Pants Teacher Gift by Uncommon Designs
- Cup of Art Teachers Gift by Mama to 6 Blessings
- Teacher Pizza & Movie Night Gift by Smashed Peas & Carrots
- DIY Succulent Terrarium by Family Food & Travel
- Pencil Cookies by The Decorated Cookie
- Apple Hoop Art by I Should Be Mopping The Floor
- Apple Pinch Pots by Red Ted Art
- Sharpie Mug with Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix by 5 Minutes For Mom
- Crayon Jar Teachers Gift by Nest Full of New
Disclaimer: Never use blogger photos without permission. The Virtual Assistant (Victoria) who prepared this post obtained permission to use the photos included in this article as a member of the Craft and Food Roundup group. Links were submitted by blog owners/representatives and are being used in accordance to the group rules.